January 12, 2023
What is the Hub Operator Programme?
If youâ€™re reading this post, at least one of the following statements probably applies to you:
- Youâ€™re a new grad, jobseeker or have plenty of spare time to start a new work project
- Youâ€™re eager to find a job where travel is guaranteed
- You want to kick start a career in the drone industry
- Youâ€™re looking for a short-term role with big potential for learning
Well, thatâ€™s great â€“ youâ€™re in exactly the right place.
Skyports Drone Services has launched a new programme to build out its drone operations capabilities. The Hub Operator programme is designed to help the company achieve its mission of solving complex logistical and operational challenges with tailored drone solutions.
We work across the medical, maritime, logistics and freight and survey industries, providing a whole host of drone operations for healthcare organisations, local and national governments, shipping companies and more.
To enable us to scale our operations and enable us to better deliver the benefits that drone services provide, weâ€™re hiring Hub Operators to help us ramp up our operations throughout 2023 across key markets. Hub Operators will work closely with our Flight Operations team to play an integral role in the flight operations process.
This isnâ€™t your standard 9 to 5 office job. Hub Operators will work on projects that last from one to eight weeks and which will require travel across the UK, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia. For that reason, this role is perfect for anyone with spare time, someone who is in between roles, new graduates, school leavers or recent retirees. If youâ€™re a drone-geek (like the rest of us here) then thatâ€™s a big bonus, though certainly not essential.
There will also be career growth opportunities for applicants looking to progress there career in the drone industry.
Getting you up to speed
The work we do at Skyports Drone Services is complex and highly regulated. Safety is truly our number one priority. To that end, all successful candidates will be given in-depth training to enable them to support our Remote Pilots effectively, and will always be guided by our Flight Operations team to following
As a Hub Operator, youâ€™ll be responsible for:
- Hub set up and management to enable the smooth running of aircraft arrivals and departures at the Takeoff and Landing Point (TOLP)
- All aspects of aircraft maintenance and inspection checklists
- Providing and maintaining situational awareness to the Pilot in Command during operations through written and verbal communication methods
Our Hub Operator contracts last for up to two months with plenty of flex. Travel is guaranteed in this role and youâ€™ll be away for anything from one to eight weeks. Throughout your travels, all expenses (travel, accommodation, food) will be covered, in addition to a competitive hourly salary.
For more details on the Hub Operator role, visit the job listing at the below links: